Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Hoopy Doo


I took Lizzie to be groomed today.  She was looking so good, I decided to take her to Atria.  This is something I would NEVER do with Polly, but I felt I could trust Lizzie...and I could.  She wasn't too interested in having anything to do with my mother, and my hope of getting a picture of her sitting next to my mother was not going to happen, but this was as close as I could get



But after she had thoroughly sniffed every inch of the apartment several times, eaten all of the cookie crumbs my mother had dropped on the floor next to her chair (I come by this trait naturally, apparently!) and started to calm down, she finally decided to get to know my mother.


It was, all things considered, a nice visit and I will bring Lizzie again some day.  One funny thing happened. She usually asks me if I'm going dancing tonight, though I always tell her I hate dancing. Today she forgot the word for "dancing" and asked me if I was going "hoopdy-do-ing" tonight. (I suspect I'd hate "hoopdy-do-ing" too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment