Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Separation Anxiety

My mother is very scared that I am "abandoning her" when we leave on this cruise on Monday.

I've set up someone at Atria to check on her every day and make sure she has taken her meds, Ned and Marta are going to visit her, and if she remembers, she will wash her own undies. I'm also going to e-mail her every day to Atria's general manager, so I've done all I can do to make the time easier for her.

After this trip, I'm not going on a trip like this again. It is just too hard on her and as long as she is where she is, it's only going to get worse, so no point in putting her through that. I've traveled enough for the nonce. So I'd better get all the fun as I can out of this last hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment