Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Sunday, June 29, 2014

This was a first

I went to see my mother in the morning and was regaling her with tales of the shows we saw this weekend (I don't know how much she comprehends, but it's something to talk about other than her being old!) and she seemed to be enjoying my stories.  She asked "do you write a report after you see them?"  I said (for the 100th time) that I did.  And she almost told me that "my daughter does that too," but then caught herself and realized that I was her daughter.   That hasn't happened before.

She also told me about having intermittent bilious fever, which she had as a small child.  I know this story, but she doesn't tell it all that often.  She was about 4 or 5 when she had it and she was bedridden for several months.  However she started the story today with "this happened before I was married" and then that she was about 13, she thought.

Just a bad day for memory, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment