Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Sunday, June 22, 2014

A good day!

Wow...yesterday was a great day.  My mother told me Jeri had called her.  I mean she REMEMBERED that Jeri had called her.  Jeri said they had a great talk and that my mother remembered Phil had visited her 2 weeks ago.  Whew...it's like a little hole broke through that great dementia cloud for awhile and let a ray of sunshine peek through.

I wish I had those moments with her.  I got so tired of hearing her say "I'm old, Bev" and "Do you think I'll make it to hunnert" and hearing that she didn't want to live that long but didn't want to die, I finally cut our visit short and left.  It seems these days that all we talk about is her age, her death, how she wants to die and how she does not want to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment