Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Ice Cream

I came home and was here about an hour when my mother called, saying she felt terrible and that she was out of toilet paper.  I packed up some TP and took it to her.  She said she had been feeling bad since last night, but had no specific symptoms.  Again, she refuses to see the doctor, but since she doesn't have a fever, she's not coughing now, and it was raining and I didn't want to take her out in the rain, I decided to see how she is on Monday.  She said over and over and over again how lucky she is to be healthy and how much she hates doctors.  I pointed out that if she wants to remain healthy, she should see a doctor when she doesn't know what is wrong because that's why the doctor went to medical school and that the doctor could find out what is going on inside her.  She grudgingly agreed with me. So we'll see how it goes on Monday.


While I was there I checked her freezer to see if she needed more ice cream.  Look what I found.




That's 8 partially eaten ice cream cones and the loaf of bread she asked me to buy her when she moved in in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment