Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Big Blob

As good and as "with it" as my mother was the last time I saw here was as vague and out of it as she was yesterday. She actually got angry with me because she thought I was just a "big blob" who was sitting on her daughter, hiding her and she wanted to see her daughter. When I told her *I* was her daughter, she said I was not, but she didn't know who I was. She finally got up and got into bed, so I left. Gawd, I hate dementia.

3 comments:

  1. I hate dementia too. I am fortunate that my mom still recognizes me but I know it won't be long before she forgets who I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear fro you, Veronica. I think you are the very first person to have found this blog (which I never advertise). I hope it helps to find someone who understands.

      Delete
  2. I just found it and I’m curious as to how long your mother has had dementia. It looks like this blog was started in 2013.

    ReplyDelete