Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Friday, March 18, 2016

Visit with Jeri

I notice that noise is starting to be a problem for her.  She always is very irritated in the dining room because everyone is talking.  I ask her if she thought they should sit there silently and says says, "well...YES!"

We spent time with her with Jeri after lunch and at one point she called out "Will you please STOP TALKING so I can understand you."  Jeri talks very fast and I think her constant patter, which I thought would be good for my mother, was just too much for her.

It's difficult to remember what is "too much" for her any more.

Jeri said that frustrating thing about her is that she mostly talks about how she never sees her any more, when Jeri is sitting right there in front of her

And her hair.  My god her hair.  Jeri now has short hair for the first time in her life and every time my mother looked away from her and then looked back again, it was as if she was seeing her for the first time.  I can't remember how many times she asked "when did you get your hair cut?"  Sometimes she likes it, sometimes she hates it, one time she said she didn't want to be seen in public with her, another time she thought it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment