Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Saturday, September 27, 2014

So Depressed

This is my conversation with my mother about Peach today:

I had some bad news yesterday.

Oh...?

Yeah.  Peach found a lump in her breast and she went for a mammogram and the doctor thinks it's cancer.

When am I going to see them again?

They were just here.

Oh, right.  How is Bob doing?

You just saw him.  He seems to be doing OK.

Oh.  Well, life is change.

----------------

If she makes it to hunnert, I'm going to be a blithering idiot by that time.  There was NOTHING that she had any interest in, and no emotional reaction to Peach possibly having cancer.  Everything I said she would answer with "well, life is change" or "Well life goes on."  I really want to engage her in SOMETHING, but it gets harder and harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment