Journey Through Dementia

Journey Through Dementia

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Our Weekly Lunch

I try to have lunch with my mother once a week, usually on Wednesday, though this week it was Thursday because of the dementia support group yesterday.  She was in good spirits and our conversation mostly centered around what I was going to do for the rest of the day.  After asking me several times what I was doing the rest of the day, we went to lunch where she asked me again several times what I was doing the rest of the day, though at least once she said "I may have asked you this before, and if I have forgive me, but what are you doing the rest of the day?"  I was surprised that she realized that she might be repeating herself.

When we left the restaurant, she passed a woman and they had a friendly exchange, like old friends do, and that made me feel very good.

All in all, this was a good visit.  I like days like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment